Ordering Repeat Prescriptions
When ordering a repeat prescription please clearly state your name, date of birth or patient number and the name of the medication required. With current pressures due to Coronavirus please allow five working days (not including weekends and bank holidays) for us to order your medication from the wholesaler and make up your prescription.
We advise patients to allow additional time when ordering repeats at Christmas and Easter. These are particularly busy times for both the surgery and the wholesalers.
Ordering via the internet is the most accurate, secure and speedy way to order your repeat prescription.
The range of options for ordering repeat prescriptions at Freshwell Health Centre are:
- Via our website in one of two ways:
- 1) Please ask at reception for a leaflet on how to register for SystmOnline. Once you are registered, then you can click on the "SystmOnline" image at the bottom of this page to order repeat prescriptions or book doctor appointments 24 hours a day / 7 days a week.
- 2) You can also request medication by clicking on the "repeat prescriptions" icon on the bottom of our home page.
- By placing a slip in the jug by the reception counter or through our letter box if we are closed
- By post to Freshwell Health Centre, Wethersfield Road, Finchingfield, Essex, CM7 4BQ
- By email to email@example.com(Please write ‘repeat request’ in the subject line)
Written requests are easier and safer for our dispensary staff to manage as they avoid the problems of drugs with names that are difficult to pronounce and minimise the possibility of errors. Please help our staff by using a written request rather than the phone line. Please do not phone the main surgery line to order a repeat prescription.
If a doctor prescribes a new medication during a consultation, this will be available immediately.
Collecting Repeat Prescriptions
As we are a rural practice, we are able to dispense to almost all of our patients. The dispensary is open during the following hours:
Monday 09:00 – 13:00 and 14:00 - 18:00
Tuesday 09:00 – 13:00 and 14:00 - 18:00 *
Wednesday 09:00 – 13:00 and 14:00 - 18:00 *
Thursday 09:00 – 13:00 and 14:00 - 18:00 *
Friday 09:00 – 13:00 and 14:00 - 18:00
* The Practice is closed from 1pm on one day each month for staff training. (See Opening Times for dates listed) The dispensary will not reopen on these days.
Unused medication should be disposed of carefully. If we have dispensed the medication we can dispose any unused items. Please take the medication to the Dispensary (Monday to Friday only). We are not allowed to dispose of medication dispensed by other organisations - please take these items to a pharmacy for safe disposal.
Click on the link below to access our on-line services.